Helllo pasta lovers!
I found a recipe for a pasta meal for under 500 calories!
Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Veggies is 320 calories. It’s delicious and filling without gorging ourselves in calories.
- 1 cups dry whole wheat pasta
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1. Defrost frozen peas. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add asparagus and peas, cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring once halfway through, about 4 minutes.
4. Toss with the pasta and divide among 4 bowls.
5. Top each serving with a dollop of ricotta and a drizzle of olive oil.
This meal is easy to make.
If you’ve never used a skillet to cook without, it’s not complicated so don’t worry. Just key an eye on your food while you’re cooking.
If you don’t like peas, you don’t have to use them. This is still a healthy way to make your pasta with some flavoring.
It’s an impressive meal to show friends and family you can make. It looks like a fancy meal, but isn’t that complicated to cook.
It serves 4 people, so it’s great to make when you’re cooking for roommates or when company’s over.
Make it tonight before you go out– It’ll fill you without filling you out.